Packing a Holiday Capsule Wardrobe
If you've ever had trouble zipping up your suitcase after packing, then you're certainly not alone. Packing for a holiday can be a real nightmare! It's so easy to get a bit too enthusiastic and try to pack for every occasion when all you really need are a few capsule wardrobe essentials. Here are a few of our favourite capsule essentials which you can easily mix and match for any eventuality, without worrying about going over your baggage allowance.
1. Jersey skirts – A skirt with a little stretch will see you from day to night, and they're so light you can get away with packing a few cheeky extra colours. Many jersey fabrics also have the edge over cotton as they are less likely to crease, so you don't spend your holiday slaving over a hot iron.
2. Vest tops – The classic vest top never goes out of style in the summer, and they are suitable for days at the beach or nights at the bar. It's also a good way to create layers if the weather gets chilly; perfect for a British holiday!
3. Cardigans – Even if you are lucky enough to be jetting off to an exotic tropical location, it can still get cooler at night. Pack a couple of light, neutral coloured cardigans for those evenings of al fresco dining and you won't have to complain about the cold or end up stealing your partner or friend's jacket.
4. Little black dress – A flattering little black dress, perhaps in a light fabric such as linen, can be worn on a chic day in the city, a romantic evening out, or even on the dance floor, so channel your inner Audrey Hepburn and invest in one that makes you feel amazing!
5. Shoes – If you are taking a pair of bulky shoes such as wedges, then wear them as part of your traveling outfit, as that's one less thing to pack. Take classic, neutral shoes, and don't forget there's always room in the toes to stuff in underwear, socks, and other small items for the ultimate in space saving!
6. Belts, bags and hats – in short, accessories! With the right ones, you can transform your casual tops and skirts into a glamorous outfit whenever you fancy an evening on the town. Besides, you will no doubt need an excuse to buy yet another bag for your trip.
We’ve all had that embarrassing moment at the airport when we realise just how heavy our suitcase is, and we've all tried to carry bulging bags as hand luggage only to be turned away at the gate. But this time is over! By learning to pack a capsule wardrobe, you won’t dread packing your suitcase anymore and will feel confidently fabulous during your summer trip!
View more fun filled blogs.