Must know make up tips
If you have been keeping up to date with our blog you will of noticed we have been exploring the wonderful world of makeup and bringing you tips and advice to brighten up your make up routine, from how to apply your blusher to our beginners guide to contouring. This week we have selected 10 of our favourite snippets of golden advice from the World Wide Web* to share with you!
1. Moisturise and apply your primer at least 5 minutes ahead of applying foundation. This will make your makeup easier to apply and it will rest better on your skin. It’s so simple, yet many people don’t do this.
2. For a quick method to simulate voluminous lips, apply highlighter to the cupid’s bow and a shimmering balm to the center of your bottom lip. The shimmer will reflect light and give lips the appearance of being much larger than they are.
3. Always apply your brow pencil or powder to the upper portion of the eyebrow to lift your face up.
4. Never put concealer or foundation on your eyelids as a base, it will cause your eye makeup to crease.
5. For a smoother mascara application tuck your mascara tube in your bra for a few minutes. Warming up the mascara will soften the formula and make it go on much more smoothly. NEVER pump your brush it does nothing except pump air in and out of the bottle, which dries it out quicker.
6. For the perfect winged eyeliner place your pen at the outermost part of your nostril, then angle it upwards to meet the outer edge of your eye. Lower the tip of your liner where it lands and draw down toward your lash line. Watch this tutorial to blow your mind on how simple this is!
7. Use white eyeliner on your lower lash waterline, and then also white liner with a tad of shimmer on the inner corners of your eyes. This will make your eyes look so alive and bright.
8. For a natural eye makeup remover use Olive oil! It is a great DIY eye makeup remover and unlike other oily removers, olive oil is actually good for your skin.
9. Do your eye concealer in a triangle going down to your cheek instead of small dots along the curve of your eye. It’ll cover up the darkness much better.
10. For incredibly smooth lips brush your lips with a toothbrush and Vaseline. Do it before you apply lip color and it makes dramatic lipstick look smoother.
Thinking of having the chop? Check out our blog on the must have hairstyle of the summer... The Bob!
Wednesday 13th May 2015
View more fun filled blogs.